THE NATURAL PAINKILLER AND ANTI-INFLAMMATORY
Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) is a naturally occurring fatty acid that has been studied to show neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory, cardioprotective, and analgesic pain relief properties.
PEA is a naturally occurring fatty acid found mainly in egg yolks and mothers milk, but is also naturally produced by the body in response to pain.
As a supplement, it has been studied to show neuro-protective, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic (pain-relieving) properties.
PEA Belongs to the endocannabinoid family therefore acts on similar receptors to cannabis oil; it is a fully legal and similarly efficacious alternative to CBD oil.
In several studies focused on management of chronic pain, PEA was shown to have potent anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, therefore and may help with the treatment of chronic pain.
PEA is being used in functional medicine for many disease states including fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, MS, carpal tunnel syndrome and autism.
It also shows potent neuroprotective and cardioprotective effects due to it being a fatty acid, fats have an affinity for the brain and heart (fat using organs) therefore may help with CNS and Neurological inflammatory issues, as well are cardiac issues such as myocarditis and pericarditis.
It also may help with histamine issue and MCAS issues, as it is a strong anti-histamine, mast cell stabilising ingredient.
Each bottle contains 60 capsules; 30 serves.
Conditions with evidence of Benefit with PEA
1. Arthritis – osteoarthritis & rheumatoid athritis
3. Peripheral neuropathies – diabetic neuropathy & chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy
4. Carpal tunnel syndrome
5. Opioid Tolerance and Hyperalgesia
6. Low back pain – herniated disc disease, failed back surgery syndrome, other
7. Sciatic pain
8. Dental pain
9. Neuropathic pain – related to stroke & multiple sclerosis
10. Inflammatory Bowel Disease
11. Chronic pelvic pain
12. Shingles pain (postherpetic neuralgia)
13. Vaginal pain (vulvadynia)
14. Post-operative dental surgery pain
15. Traumatic Brain Injury/Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy